Recipe: Blackberry-Cucumber Salad with Warm Coconut Vinaigrette
Blackberries, cucumbers, and feta cheese combine to make this delicious summertime side dish: Blackberry-Cucumber Salad with Warm Coconut Vinaigrette. This salad is a combination of tons of amazing flavors. You get sweet, tart, and salty from the blackberries and feta cheese. You get slight spice from the raw onion and cooling from the raw cucumber, all combined with a warm coconut vinaigrette that really brings things together. This one won’t last at a cookout or a family dinner.
If you want to download this to your computer, here’s a PDF of it: Blackberry-Cucumber Salad with Warm Coconut Vinaigrette (PDF).
1 c blackberries
1 cucumber, sliced thinly
1 sprig mint, chopped
½ small white onion, sliced thinly
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 oz feta cheese
- Toss blackberries, cucumber, mint, and onion.
- Warm coconut oil until melted, then add vinegar and lemon juice. Heat to warm, but not hot. Add garlic.
- Add feta just before serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe:
- Sign up for The Real Food Revolution, the newsletter for people that love food
- Share it with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, and StumbleUpon
- Leave a comment below telling others what you thought of the recipe